At King’s Park, the Pupil Council represents the voice of all pupils and is formed from pupils in each class. The current Pupil Council were elected in October 2013, with elections take place in each class. Primary 1 have their elections in January of each year and are Pupil Council Reps until the summer term. Two Captains and three Vice-Captains are also elected from P7.
We meet regularly to discuss the School Improvement Plan and what action we feel needs taken. We work very closely with the Parent Council. We all report back to our classes after every meeting and also during Team Huddle times. Miss Bell, Acting Principal Teacher, leads the Pupil Council this year. We take responsibility for our own learning and are part of the decision making process along with Senior Management/Staff/Parents and the wider community
Pupil Council Captains and Vice Captains
2013 – 2014 Action Plan
The Pupil Council have discussed and agreed an action plan for this year.
- Improve P1/2 playground – link with Parent Council and SMT
- Finish outdoor classroom in P3/4 playground – link with Parent Council and SMT
- Raise funds for school resources – link with SMT
- Create a school newspaper for the website – link with Mr McCabe, Mrs Archibald and the Digital Leaders
- Develop Sports Teams for all ages across the school – link with Miss Stewart and Health Monitors
- Raise funds for Children’s 1st – link with the community