Parent Teacher Association
What do we do?
Our role is to support Kings Park through fundraising and bringing the school community together.
We do this by:
- Fundraising to provide resources that enrich the lives of Kings Park pupils
- Organising social events to bring the school community together
All money raised goes towards improving the experience our children have at King’s Park. We fund subscriptions to SumDog, Language Nut, First News and Education City, we buy reading books and we pay for P1 book bags. We have funded football strips, P7 leavers’ gifts, visits from Macastory, playground toys and buses for trips.
How you can get involved
We recognise that parents and carers lead busy lives. There are many ways you can get involved with our fundraising and social events
- What fundraising and social events would you like to see? Tell us at a meeting or by email or grab one of us in the playground
- Help out at the Christmas or Summer Fairs. You can donate baking, toys, books or raffle prizes. You could run a stall. If you have more time, join the groups organising the Fairs
- Volunteer to organise a fundraising event. We have lots of ideas, but we need more people to take them forward!
- Tell us what you think funds should be spent on.
We meet on the last Tuesday of the month, 8pm. There is no meeting in July.
Meetings are at the Justinlees, Eskank or Bonfire, Dalkeith. Locations will be shared on Facebook and Pigeon.
Coordinator: Michelina (Miki) Johnstone
Secretary: Diana Challands
Treasurer: Sarah Reed
Find out what is happening at the PTA
- Like us on Facebook ‘King’s Park Primary School Parent Council & PTA’
- School Pigeon – Have you downloaded it yet? It’s available on both Android and Apple, click here to download it
- Noticeboards in the playground
Talk to us
- Email us at email@example.com
- Message us via Facebook ‘King’s Park Primary School Parent Council & PTA’
- Have a chat with Miki, Diana or Sarah in the playground.
What to know more about Parent Teacher Associations (PTAs)?
Download leaflet from Connect HERE.